Life, as of late, has been pretty up and down for me. If you follow any of my stuff, you’ll see I’ve written a random mix of articles varying from hilarious facts about Ancient times, my views on the bizarre world of modern dating, right up to some of the more introspective taboo topics and emotional poetries we don’t always tend to talk about. But, in-between all that, I’ve kept myself busy living life to the best of my ability; travelling about the country for music festivals and conventions, flying over the Atlantic to see the concrete jungle from high above, and of course, exploring the lovely world of tea as I go.
But not just any tea. No, this demanding life needs more than your everyday PG Tips to keep you going (soz, PG) Today, I’m talking about something far superior. Something that will hug your heart from the inside and make you feel like everything’s going to be okay. Immerse yourself into a liquid world that Willy Wonka himself would be proud of – The deliciously indulgent world of chocolate tea.
Above, you’ll see my favourite loose and powdered blends of all that is cocoa and cacao (FYI – cocoa is made by roasting raw cacao at high temperatures, whereas cacao is made by cold-pressing the unroasted cocoa beans) Each one offers a slightly different dynamic to your cuppa; some more biscuity and wholesome, others more sweet and fruity, or, if you’re on a super health-kick but still yearn for that chocolatey taste, then there’s also a nice mix of toasty greener blends too! So, there’s something here everyone can sip to.
To break it down, I’ll introduce them all row by row and link you up with where to buy them, as I’m sure you’re already boiling your kettle in heightened anticipation!
↓↓↓↓ Click Here for the Magic!! ↓↓↓↓
Rich and Indulgent Baker’s Blends
- Caramel Brownie (Ooey Gooey caramel swimming in chocolate pools. Delicious!)
- Cocoa Loco (Pure chocolate husks)
- Choc Molten Marvel (Limited Edition on T2 Tea for Christmas)
- Hot Choc (Decadent black tea cosseted by 3-way chocolate sweetness)
- Chocolate Digestives (Perfect with milk, just like the real choccie biccie!)
- Lamington (Just like the Australian cake, a rich chocolatey sponge sprinkled with tasty desiccated coconut)
- Scots Breakfast (Start the day with a syrupy blend of oats, spice and malted goodness)
Choc Sweeties with a Fruity Twist
- Cherry Cha Cha (Found on T2 Tea. Imagine a Bakewell Tart immersed in chocolate)
- Red Velvet Cake (Available on Bird & Blend for Valentine’s Day)
- Easter Egg Nests (Available on Bird & Blend for Easter)
- Choc Pear Pudding (Sticky sweet goodness that echoes the famous upside-down pear cake with a moreish chocolate twist!)
Warming and Nutty Cacao
- Myrtle’s Mate (Lemon Myrtle and cacao husks, dusted with yerba mate make a smooth and refreshing earthy sip)
- Treacle Sponge (Found on Bird & Blend as a limited edition tea)
- Cacao Kapow (Limited Edition on T2 Tea powdered blend of cacao, rooibos, green tea, acai and lacuma)
- White White Cocoa (Much like Lamington Cake, but paired with the euphoric blend of white tea)
Half a year ago I wrote a similar tasty piece on my Top 3 Chocolate Teas, which gives you further recommendations for some on-the-go alternatives too. But, after 6 months’ worth of sipping many other husky blends, I hope that my tiresome research (…ahem) and suggestions will help you find the perfect partner your cup has always dreamed of!
Let me know if you have found any other chocola(tea) brews on your travels across the globe! I’d love to know! There’s always more room in my cupboard for something sweet.
Till next time, everyone! Happy sipping 🙂