- I am strong, but also need a break
- I am free-spirited, but can’t do it all alone
- I am a good person, but also have my limits
- I am aware others struggle too, but my pain is still valid
- I have the will to carry on, but can’t live like this indefinitely
- I am overcoming life’s hurdles, but still feel overwhelmed by them
- I am determined to keep moving forward, but also wish others would lead the way
- I want to be the change I wish to see in the world, but still need to believe the world is ready to welcome that
- I see opportunities and have faith that they could work out, but have also tried many times before and feel worn out
- I want to live like there’s no tomorrow
- I wish tomorrow would never come.
As hard as it may be, it’s okay to admit both sides of your truth. You may be resilient but you are also still human. In this life, we need to give not to get back and live without fear of failure. Challenges will always face us. But emotional awareness will help manage those difficult experiences and control the reactions we have towards them.
The actions you undertake are the most important factors in shaping how a situation turns out, both in the short and long-term. Not everything will make sense today, but keep in mind that it can get better, so long as you apply an earnest strategy. Nothing is a guarantee, not even the bad things. This practice is all about reducing the mental impact and increasing inner strength.
So take note to monitor yourself, stay connected with others, show gratitude to them and be mindful of all that you do. It may not ensure the desired result, but it’s definitely a worthwhile step in the right direction.